Saturday, April 13, 2013

Books, Books, and More Books!

So recently I got this urge to read for enjoyment (I know something teachers RARELY get to do during the school year!).  I'm currently working on my Master's in Educational Leadership (just 3 classes to go!) and I'm also part of my school's School Improvement Team.  So instead of finishing the 3rd novel of the Millennium trilogy or picking another one of the 50 million books on my "To Read List", naturally I head to Barnes and Noble to pick up Education Books.  I selected 3 books this time, with 4 others in my Amazon cart.  The first 3 I selected are:

1. Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement By: Lucy Calkins, Mary Ehrenworth, and Christopher Lehman


Since I am on the School Improvement Team and the Common Core is everywhere (including in my goal writing for my IEPs), I'll be reading this one first.

2. The Learning Leader: How to Focus School Improvement for Better Results By: Douglas B. Reeves

For my Master's I have to read 10 leadership books, summarize them, and give insight to them.  Since this one is also about school improvement, I figure it will kill 2 birds with 1 stone for my Master's and the School Improvement Team.

3. Classroom Instruction that Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement 2nd Edition By: Ceri B. Dean, Elizabeth Ross Hubbell, Howard Pitler, BJ Stone, and The ACSD

This is another great book for my Master's, and since many teachers will ask what they can do in their classroom to help all students, this will be a great reference guide.  While I don't teach in a "normal" classroom, I am sure there are things in here that I will be able to tie into my resource room.

I'll be doing my own little book study for each one as I am reading, so be on the look out for posts on the different chapters! (as well as other posts too!)

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment