Monday, July 15, 2013

Liebster Award

I'm so lucky and honored to have been nominated by Susan from Thoughts From Mrs. Susan for the Liebster Award!  It is an award that recognizes new blogs! Thanks so much Susan; you're the sweetest!

The requirements in order to accept my nomination are:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them!

Questions from Susan:
1. How do you spend your free time?
Teachers get free time? hehe just kidding! In my free time I like to hang out with my boyfriend and friends - usually watching movies, playing games, doing something outside, etc. I also like to read, scrapbook, surf blogs and pinterest for new ideas for my classroom, and blog!
2. What makes you laugh?
A good comedy movie/show, a good book, my boyfriend, friends, and family
3. How long have you been teaching?
I am going into my 5th year of teaching.  I taught for 3 years at the high school level, then had the opportunity to switch to the elementary level last year and love it!
4. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?
As a resource teacher, I mainly work on Reading all day, but do have other groups such as Math and Writing (all depending on my kiddos IEPs).  I love teaching reading because of the great connections my students make and conversations we have. I love teaching Math because it's so literal, comes natural to me, and has so many real world applications to it!5. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Anywhere warm, but with a dry heat! I loved visiting my best friend in Arizona, but she's back here now so not too many reasons to visit there.  I also have family in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada that I LOVE visiting! It's so gorgeous up there too!6. If you could only take one thing on a trip, what would it be?
If I could only choose one thing to take on a trip, I would probably go with chapstick! It's just something I have to have at all times! I even have a little holder on my school lanyard that holds a chapstick in it!  One time I forgot it and the librarian at my school just happened to have a brand new one she hadn't used and gave it to me! So Sweet!7. What is your favorite book?
Eek just one?? If I had to choose just one book, I would go with The Perks of Being a Wallflower (I read it YEARS before it became a movie though).
8.  What do you like best about where you live?
There is ALWAYS something to do!  I live in a large suburb with everything you can imagine; plus I'm only 30 minutes away from Chicago so I can go to the museums, parks, or anything else with a quick drive or train ride in!
9.  If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
I would LOVE to meet any player from my favorite sports teams! (White Sox, Bears, Hawks).  I've contemplated hanging out in the city this summer just to see if I could see one of them out with the Stanley Cup as it makes its rounds! No luck yet :-( 10.  If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
A day to myself with no work, homework, or cleaning? I would get a manicure and pedicure, read, watch all my favorite movies (I have a HUGE collection), and probably pig out on all that food that is bad for you, like my favorite, ICE CREAM!
11. What is your greatest accomplishment?
I'd have to say getting my Master's (well technically I just started my last 5 week course today, but I know it'll fly and I'll pass with an A so it's okay :-) ) while teaching (most of it while starting with a completely new age group, in a new school, with new policies, new curriculum, new everything! It was like 1st year of teaching all over again!) and tutoring 15 hours a week after school as a second job.  All while maintaining a 4.0 GPA.  When it's all over, I'm not sure what I'll do with my spare time...maybe some things under Question #10!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I LOVE to organize! I feel like it's an obsession of mine - and yet (as you can tell from my "Show Us Your Stuff" Linky Posts) I feel like I NEVER have time to do it.
2. I LOVE doing math word problem - I always have ever since they're first introduced in school.  I love the challenge and how they make you think.
3. I am the proud owner of 3 cats and 1 pup that I love because they are my children.
4. I'm a die-hard White Sox fan, born and raised, and my boyfriend is a Cubs fan (some how we get along, although I tend to get a little "In Your Face!" about it at times lol)
5. I'm a perfectionist. So while tasks are easy to do, they become time consuming because it has to be perfect...i.e. my Master's internship that I now have 3 weeks to complete.
6. I save Sundays in the Fall for football. All day from Noon-10:30ish.  I also participate in a Fantasy Football League!
7. I did gymnastics for 10 years and played softball for 15 years.  People can't believe it when I say I played catcher because I'm tiny.
8. I love being in the outdoors, going camping, going to Lakehouses, and just relaxing....my allergies don't agree with that very much though.
9. I love my mom almost 8 years ago when I was 20.  It took a big tolls on my family and me, but I did the one thing she wanted me to do and that was graduate from college.  I ended up graduating with honors and now I'm almost done with my master's! I think she would be very proud.
10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee!! Especially more so now that I quit drinking energy drinks.
11. I have a tendency to over analyze which in turn causes the problem to actually happen, makes things take too long to complete, and makes me worry something is right.  I'm getting better with it though and starting to get a "go with the flow" attitude...with some things at least!

Questions for my Nominees!:
1.  What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Why?
2.  If you had to choose one food to eat the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3.  Why did you decide to start a blog?
4.  What got you inspired to teach?
5.  What were your goals for this summer? How many are accomplished (or almost accomplished) and which ones are they?
6.  What is your favorite part of teaching?
7.  What do you feel is the hardest part of teaching?
8.  What do you do for fun?
9.  If you could choose one place to live, money doesn't matter - cost is no object, where would it be and why?
10.  What is your dream vacation?
11.  What are your goals for this upcoming school year?

My Nominees Are:





Thanks again Susan!  It put a big smile on my face and made my day when I saw your comment that you nominated me!


No comments:

Post a Comment